From Superheroes to Great Teams
For many of us, our work is playing a bigger role in our lives. Not only do we spend more of our years working than previous generations did, but we’re also seeking meaning from our employment. In today’s business environment companies are grappling with increasingly complex challenges that require us to bring our best to the office, every day. Great work—and great teams—starts with each of us.
Work is most joyful—and its outcomes are most impactful—when we embrace relationships as opportunities and focus on bringing out the best in our collaborators. It begins with you showing up as your best self at work, and then building the relationships and conditions for people around you to thrive.
In this class, you’ll:
- Learn about your unique superhero powers in the workplace (and their shadow side).
- Assess your one-to-one relationships with colleagues and build a plan to strengthen those relationships.
- Assess your team based on six qualities of great teams.
- Design a ritual to help your team work better together.
Introduction Why we need diverse perspectives at work today.
- Get an overview of the class.
- Learn about the hero’s journey greatness model.
- Reflect on the ways you create impact at work as an individual, in pairs, and in teams.
Superhero powers Identify your unique strengths and learn to amplify them.
- Discover your superhero power—your unique contribution.
- Explore what happens when you over-index on your superhero power (i.e. your shadow side).
- Activity: Make a plan to amplify your superhero power and mitigate its shadow side.
Dynamic Duos Learn how strong relationships help us produce brilliant work.
- Assess the state of your duos.
- Gain empathy for challenging duos.
- Activity: Make a plan to strengthen one or more of your duos.
Great Teams Learn how to create the ideal conditions for your team.
- Understand the power of ensembles.
- Learn six qualities of great teams—those that enable each person to do their best work.
- Design a ritual to help your team show up at its best.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of Passie Pensioneert Nooit and The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Why Take This Class
Solving the complex problems we face today requires a new way of collaborating—one that taps into a diversity of perspectives. When people are invited to show up at their best, they collaborate better and do better work. This class will help you amplify your unique strengths so you can help bring out the best in others. Strong pairs are at the core of great work—they’re the cornerstone of extraordinary teams. When you show up in any given context, with someone you trust, you feel safer and are able to show up as your full self. When everyone on the team feels like they’re invited to be themselves fully, their collective passions and imaginations become extraordinarily powerful.
This Class Will Help You
- Discover your unique strengths and shadow sides to better understand how you can show up at your best and bring out the best in others.
- Build stronger relationships, collaborate better, and amplify your impact.
- Establish trust among individuals and teams by creating a safe space where people are empowered to show up at their best.
- Unlock greatness in your team by designing the conditions for teams to thrive and collaborate effectively.
The price of this one day storytelling masterclass is Euro 395 excluding VAT for one person. When you attend with 3 or more people from the same organization other prices can be offered.
This is an on demand class. You can book this class every business day of the year, you will be guided by Peter or one member of his team.
The masterclass is at Usine Witte Dame Eindhoven. It can be organized on location of your own organization when 8 or more people of your organization attend.
You can reach Peter for questions about the program by mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
09.40 Tea & Coffee on arrival
10.00 Morning Session
13.00 Lunch Break
14.00 Afternoon Session